Image Map

Sunday, July 22, 2012

To Do Before School Starts

Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

I have had a to do list going since I found out I officially had the job. Last night I found this linky party and decided to link up. I am hoping to find lots of other cool teacher blogs while participating.

I'm sure this is NOT an exhaustive list and will likely continue to add to it, but here goes:

  1. write a student letter.
  2. create a rules poster
  3. create a sub folder
  4. create a personal drawer for items like tampons, change, chapstick, etc.
  5. create a NO homework binder
  6. create a pencil poster like this one
  7. create this laws of writing poster
  8. plan out curriculum for the year, a loose timeline
  9. organize materials into binders
  10. create labels for the binders
  11. make this paper sorter
  12. create seating chart and cards to assign it to students
  13. buy some fabric for bulletin boards and to cover front of desk

After writing your post with your "to do list"(don't forget to include the linky party button on your blog post so others can check your post out)link up here.


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa!
    Thanks for linking up to my linky party! Good Luck getting ready for your new school year!
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I am your newest follower! I am definitely going to have to make that paper sorter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to get the items to do that! I have spray paint I'm going to use to paint it afterwards.

      Delete
  3. HI Alyssa! Thanks for reading my blog post! I know what you mean about having a million things to do and not even knowing what some of them are...I think you just have to focus on what you know you need to do and then each year your back to school list will get more efficient. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good to do list! Loving your blog by the way!
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the sub folder! I always forget about that! I forgot one year for so long that I didn't realize it until I was out one day! But I don't do mine until I have my class list. Someday I will have a generic one and just have to add in a class list.
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete