Image Map

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I May Have Missed My Calling?

As a new teacher, I have been excited to explore all the cute teacher blogs on the web. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any teachers who blog that teach the grades I'm teaching - 7th and 8th. All the cute blogs are written by teachers who teacher K - 6th. I love their spunk, creativity and their CLASSROOMS! The themes are adorable.

A couple days ago I was talking with the teacher who has been giving me information from the school and she mentioned some posters she had that I could have. She said, "We don't have to do a theme or anything like elementary, but you'll want to make it colorful and fun." I thought, "Can I NOT do a theme?"

I finally got to go into my classroom today. I definitely want to add some pizzazz to the white walls. I am excited to get started. I still hope to get the key to my classroom tomorrow so that I can come and go as I please to get started.

I'm going to be using owls and polka dots in my room. I'm not sure if that's a theme or not, I wonder if I should have been an elementary teacher . . . just kidding! I know I love the subjects I am teaching and the age as well.



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I think 7th and 8th graders will appreciate a theme just as much as younger kids do! I remember going into junior high and high school, and the classrooms were just kind of barren except for a few posters, and I felt like the message was, "Okay, lets drop the nonsense, school isn't supposed to be fun or cheerful. Just siddown in this little desk and learn!" I think it could be good for even high school teachers to decorate their classrooms nicely!

    ReplyDelete