Image Map

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Owl Be Ready

So school doesn't start until August 9th, though teachers have to report on the 7th. I'm already preparing and for me this means starting with a plan, which requires a "planner". I love to plan. I wanted my planner to be functional and fun. I also began to create a little fun things for the classroom, I hope 7th and 8th graders still appreciate a little colorful and fun touches.
Here's my planner cover:




















And the inside:




















And the Welcome Sign I hope to use on my door:




















I found all these resources at Teachers Pay Teachers, an amazing website I have fallen in love with already. I have a ton of items in my Wishlist there for later in the year.

Since my planner is almost complete my next task will be planning the classes. I have 2 books that the 7th and 8th graders read for summer reading. Plus I have to develop lessons and assignments for Creative Writing and Bible.

I almost feel like 3 weeks isn't enough time to get all of this done.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. School starts August 9?? I felt sorry for my kids because their first day is August 20th. What happened to starting after Labor Day? I will be praying for you girl! Looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Debbie here it seems to start earlier and earlier EVERY year. Wheww.

      Delete
  2. Your binder looks great, Alyssa! I love the owl theme. =]

    The Learning Effect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Tiffany. I'm going to do polka dots and owls in my room too.

      Delete