Image Map

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A New Adventure

In just a few weeks, I am starting a new adventure.  Since I have blogged since 2007 my first thought after realizing how much this truly will be an adventure was to blog it.  That may not be the first thought for just anyone when starting a new career path, but for a blogger it is.  I'm sure others can relate.

Becoming a teacher isn't something that surprises me, but I am in awe of how God has carved out the perfect position for me.  My teaching position will combine several of my interest and passions, including writing, English and my favorite, Bible.  I'm thrilled to be able to teach all of them.  

Another part of this new path that I am excited about is working with teenagers.  My dream job was always to work with teens.  I have a heart for them and the time of life and struggles that they go through during these tough years of adolescence.  The 5 years I spent in youth ministry were some of my fondest.  

The school year starts in just three weeks.  The reason that this is a new adventure for me is that for the past 5 years I have been a full time business owner working from home and caring for my three kids.  Before that I was a youth and children's director for 5 years.  I seem to have this five year thing going on.  Hopefully my tenure as a teacher will last that long or longer.

Another first for me is that I will be teaching in a private school system.  I grew up in public schools and my teaching experience has been two summers teaching summer school in the same public school I attended.  

My children have attended this private school for several years though so I am familiar with it and some of the people there.  My husband also graduated from there as well.  He is thrilled about my new position with them. 

I am anxious and excited to get started.  I hope you will follow me as I share my stories here.  


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment